This virtual learning is for all Designated leads/team members responsible for Safeguarding in the Education setting.
Those who can attend are people working:
You need to be available to join learning online on both days (19 & 20 January 2022). You also need to have access to a PC or laptop or iPad and the internet to be able to join in this learning.
The course is a statutory requirement for professionals meeting 'robust-2-yearly training' for those with a lead or designated professional role for safeguarding within provisions working with children and families. Having completed safeguarding awareness training, this course equips professionals to perform their senior safeguarding role.
Course content includes:
• Latest legislation and procedures: the Children’s Acts (1989/2004), The Children and Social Care Act 2017 and Working Together to Safeguard Children (July 2018)
• The role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead
• Policy development
• Awareness of multi-agency working
• Information sharing
• The referral processes
• Thresholds or risk analysis
• Management of safeguarding with staff and within settings
• Challenging topics are also explored from a management level