Please note that participants must attend all 4 (1/2) day sessions to be certified as having attended this ptraining programme.
Upon completing the training, participants will have enhanced their confidence and ability to run and offer effective mediation sessions around resolving family conflict.
Outcomes for the 4 session programme
• Understand the principles of mediation and apply them to resolving conflict in family situations
• Understand the stages of mediation required to facilitate an effective mediation session(s)
• Able to assess the suitability of participants and when mediation is appropriate to use.
• Enable the key skills necessary for running an effective mediation session.
• Understanding conflict and its impact on the mediation process
• Understanding the impact of emotions and thoughts on behaviour underpinning successful mediation
• Understanding the nature of Teen-parent conflict and its impact on relationships
• Able to utilise solution focused approaches within the mediation session
• Understand the impact of blame within the mediation process
• What is still needed to support 0-19 workers implement successful mediation in Barnet